When do I want to adjust custom date ranges?
Podio gives a set of predefined time intervals ("yesterday", "last week", ...) however sometimes we want to be more granular. Typically we need this in the context of sending scheduled mails.
Imagine we want a mail to be sent 3 weeks before the start of an activity. Then we want to create a view where from: 21d, to: 21d (see explanation about bounds below).
Let's see on how you can define a custom date range
Steps to follow
- Create a public view that you want to add a custom date range too (or use an existing public one)
- Go to https://kampadmin-v2.herokuapp.com/admin
- Click Powertools
- Select your organisation
- Click the app you want to add a custom date range for, click "Custom date range"
- Choose the view, field, and mark the bounds (see below for more info on bounds)
Bounds info (easy version)
Easy version, just work in days
- from: -10d
- to: +365d
Bounds info (complex version)
bounds are structured as
- unit: + or -
- amount: 1, 2, 3....
- unit: d (day) / w (week) / m (month) / y (year)
- round: r (only makes sense for w/m/y units
- +1d - plus 1 day
- +1w - plus one week
- +1wr - to the beginning of the next calendar week
- +1m - plus one calendar month
- +1mr - to the beginning of the next calendar month
- +1y - plus one calendar year
- +1yr - to the beginning of the next calendar year