Go to the mail templates app in the communication workspace.
What can I edit?
As an admin you should ONLY edit the from, subject and body field.
Inside the subject and body you'll find code tags <% ... %> for personalised values. You should not edit the content of these tags. However you can delete or move them to another spot in the subject/body.
You can also copy code tags from one mail template to another, however only do this for mail templates belonging to the same app. Given 3 mails
- "Subscription on waiting list" -> Subscriptions app
- "Subscription cancelled" -> Subscriptions app
- "Invoice paid" -> Invoices app
You can copy tags between the first two mail template items, but not towards the third
Can I send a mail with a different mail sender?
Yes you can! The easiest is to clone a mail sender. If you are using mandrill, you only need to change the "email address" field, the 3 other fields can remain the same. When using another smtp service, contact your administrator for correct login credentials.
The "default sender" is used for sending account related mails like "password reset".
Only one mail sender should have the "default sender" put to "yes", so when cloning change the value to "no".
How to test?
Every mail is made in the context of a specific app item. Take for example the "Subscription received" mail which is made for the Subscriptions app (Specified in the "App name" field).
To test this mail
- go to an item in the subscription app
- open the bookmark and click the mails tab
- click on send next to the "Subscription received"
- Check the feedback in the comments section of the item (you might have to close the bookmark dialog because the feedback may be hidden behind)
Please sign in to leave a comment.