Note that Mandrill, as any other email provider, can never guarantee SPAM-free outbound mail as this also depends on how sensitive the recipients SPAM filters are.
Step 1: Register at Mandrillapp.com
go to https://www.mandrill.com/signup/ and register with an email under the organisation's domainname (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
This does NOT have to be the email address under which we will later send out all the emails.
Step 2: Add the mail sender in Podio
- Go to https://mandrillapp.com/settings/index and click "+ New API key".
- In another tab, navigate to the mail senders app (in Podio type shortcut "g" + "mail sender")
- Update the mail sender entry
Step 3: Verify your domain name
Go to https://mandrillapp.com/settings/sending-domains and add your domain.
Now click "View details" below "Requires verification"
You'll then receive an email with a link to confirm you are the owner of that domain name.
Step 4: Update DNS records
Ask the person/company responsible for handling your domain name to add 2 DNS records.
- type: TXT (NOT SPF)
- name and value: click "View SPF settings"
- type: TXT
- name and value: click "View DKIM settings"
The end result should look similar to this
After a couple of hours (can take up to a day for changes to become visible), go back to https://mandrillapp.com/settings/sending-domains , click "Test DNS settings" and check if DKIM and SPF are correctly configured.